Glamzone Hair Salon
SCF 117, First Floor,
Phase XI, Mohali
Monday to Sunday
9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
0172- 50 51 786
+91 - 96 15 117 117
Shaving can be described as the procedure to remove hair using a sharp blade or razor. Shaving is mostly done by men to remove the facial hair. Starting from the basic sharpened flints to mechanical and electrical razors shaving process has been advanced a lot. Shaving is actually a challenge since in this facial hair are to be removed closely without any cut or effects on the skin such as skin irritation, aberration and razor burn. These problems can be removed by applying a good amount of lubrication, a new blade for shaving, shaving should be done in the hair growth direction. Some factors should be considered before shaving such as the density of the beard, thickness and shape of the beard. Roughness is more in men’s skin as compared to women. Also men have more skin pigmentation that can lead to irritation during shaving.
1. Wet shaving: Also called manual shaving. Face is hydrated and covered with a wet warm towel to make skin and hair softer and then shaving cream/gel is applied that acts as a lubricant.
1. Double edge razor: As the name signifies there is blade at both ends of the cap therefore shaving can be done from both sides and it’s the mostly used method as it provides the precise shaving.
2. Single edge razor: In single edge razor blade is exposed only on a single side. This method was used earlier. It is rarely used now-a-days.
3. Disposable razor: These razors are cheaper and can be disposed off after two to three times usage. A fine steel blade is used and the handle is also comfortable.
4. Cartridge razor: The best feature is that it follows the face shape. Stainless steel blades are used in this razor. It removes the whiskers perfectly.
• Electric shaving: Also known as dry shaving. It is based on rotary mechanism. There is no need to use shaving cream, gel or any kind of soap or foam. It can have circular and cylindrical blades. It is driven by electricity but there are some mechanical razors that contain small DC motors in order to operate. It has many advantages:-
1. It causes no irritation and time saving technique.
2. Easy to move along the face contours.
3. Convenient and affordable.
Beard trimmer: Giving beard a shape is known as trimming. It can be done along neckline, lips, cheek line and along (With) the moustaches. Trimmers can be corded or cordless. Trimmers can be used for both short and long beard. There can be two or more than two sliding blades in a trimmer whereas a shaver has rotary blades. Shaver provides clean skin which is not provided by the trimmer.